Saturday, March 5, 2011

Crab mentality


Crab mentality, sometimes referred to as crabs in the bucket, describes a way of thinking best described by the phrase "if I can't have it, neither should you." The metaphor refers to a pot of crabs. Individually, the crabs could easily escape from the pot, but instead, they grab at each other in a useless "king of the hill" competition (or sabotage) which prevents any from escaping and ensures their collective demise. The analogy in human behavior is that of a group that will attempt to "pull down" (negate or diminish the importance of) any member who achieves success beyond the others, out of jealousy, conspiracy or competitive feelings.

In my case I’m working with the institution, and I observe the two face of people here I’m working with. The one is those people, who work for there needs, for the purpose of vitalize and they know they work correctly according to their duties and responsibility. The second face is concern only for their own needs. Example of that one of the employee is qualified for the higher position and the president decide to promote that person to take charge the responsibility, but the other council is not agree in the decision of the president. But the presidents continue to his decision, of course the other council make a story to put down that person. They destroy the credibility of the poor person. So sad because of they own needs they need to do things to put down that person.

1 comment:

  1. Can I possibly repost this? first paragraph & the picture on my FB!! I so happen to have a number so-called friends who are so fitting of this definitions!!

    Thanks so much... Pls advice if ok.
    Ann
    anncas@me.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts